How to make hard-boiled eggs:
- Choose eggs that have been in your fridge for a while. Not the ones you just bought yesterday. Don’t ask me why… just trust me.
- Put your eggs in a small pot (you don’t want them to have too much room to party and crack). Fill with enough cool water to cover the eggs plus about an inch extra.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a slow simmer, cover. Wait about 15 minutes. (If you have an electric stovetop, just turn off the burner and leave the pot there. If you have gas, turn it to a low flame.)
- Remove from heat and IMMEDIATELY run very cold water over the eggs, dumping out the hot water at the same time. Continue until the eggs are cool too the touch.
- Peel and eat OR Put them in your fridge for later. BUT draw faces on them first so you know which ones are boiled and which ones are raw. Happy eggs also make a great lunchbox treat.