Basically, here’s how it went down:
My husband wanted chocolate cake.
I asked him if cupcakes would be good.
He said that’d be great.
We had strawberries. I chucked them in.
There was more batter, so I filled the mini muffin tins.
This time, I added white chocolate chips.
And… it was pretty much an ERROR.
I learned that:
- Regular cake batter doesn’t seem to rise to form the happy dome that cupcakes tend to have. Does anyone know the exact difference between cake and cupcake batter? Or is mine just not the right kind of cake batter?
- White chocolate chips SINK in thin batter, even if you put them on top. They were all at the bottom of the cups when I took out the cakes.
- I don’t really love cooked strawberries, except maybe in pie (but I seem to think that when we made strawberry pies when I was little, they were still raw). Strawberry jam is good too. With rhubarb if it’s there. But not cooked in cakes.
- It would be a good thing to have muffin papers for my mini muffin pan.
- BUT…. even ERROR chocolate cupcake muffin thingies with strawberries can be delicious!
After the ERRORS, I didn’t bother with frosting them, but they were still tasty. I guess I still need to make the guy a chocolate cake though, huh?