I just realized I’ve been REALLY bad at this blogging thing lately…
It’s not that I don’t have things to write about, or that I don’t want to, or that I’m not thinking about it. It’s just that when I sit down to write lately, my mind goes blank and I don’t know what to type… and then I have to go draw or sew or something. It’s like the entire left side of my brain (that’s logic, right?) has shut down in favor of the more artsy right side.
I’ve gotten my Military training aircraft holiday cards designed, and they’re in the shop now!
So what’ve I been doing?
- Drawing and designing. I have TWO new notecard sets that will debut tomorrow in my shop. One is a holiday set and the other is all-occasion. Keep an eye out for that!
- Sewing! I’m making a new line of smaller, more affordable baby blankets. These would be perfect for snuggling or dragging around as a “lovie.”
- Planning an open house! I’ve never had one before and I am quite excited. I’ll have to write later about all the details.
- Applying for two craft shows that happen in November. It’s kind of a stab in the dark, but hopefully they’ll be good. The general wisdom is to attend a show one year, and then if you think it’s a good fit, to apply for the next year. As the wife of a student Naval Aviator, that’s not really possible at this stage… so I’m taking a chance.
- Preparing to paint. Just two walls, but I’m excited because I think it will really warm up the place, as long as we pick the right colors. So I’ve got paint chips all over the walls, and I’ve been writing notes in pencil beside them throughout the day. “9:00 am – Looks great!… 1:30pm – Baby poo color” etc.
- Teaching my preschoolers. We have a lot of fun. This week they’ve been learning the /k/ sound (for letter C) and the /m/ sound. We’ve also done some cooking… we cook every Wednesday. Much fun.
- Playing with my adorable dog.
So… Are you ready for the new notecards? Too bad! You’ll just have to wait till tomorrow.