Let me tell you a few things about myself.
- I’m a person who loves lists.
- And I love how-to books.
- And bullets.
- And boxes to check off.
- And things to strike through.
- I’m the type of person who will add something she’s already done to her to-do list, just to be able to cross it off.
- I like the idea of FlyLady, but…
- It’s just too cumbersome.
- (Plus all of the emails about purple puddles and buying her feather duster are obnoxious.)
- So I want to share something with you, in case you’re the same way.
Motivatedmoms.com has a printable chore list… it details a few chores to do every day of the year, and cycles through things like changing towels, cleaning the lights in your bathroom, cleaning the crumb tray of your toaster, and all sorts of things that are easy to let slide if you’re not thinking about them. Just what I need!
I’ve TOTALLY failed at keeping up with it for the first week. I’ll admit it. But it’s hard to get into a new habit, right? Tomorrow I get to try again. I feel like when I can keep up with everything on the list, I’ll feel like the house is “together” and in maintenance mode.
I don’t know how I found this list, or what I was googling, but I’ll tell you that I immediately spent the $8 to buy the PDF download. And I’m VERY excited about using it this year. I bought the full-sized planner (no bible thingies). The site has several sample PDFs so you can see what you’re getting into before you pay.
I was just REALLY THAT EXCITED to find/buy/try to use this list. Maybe soon that “try to use” will become “use”… someday when I’m not so lame at being domestic.