This delicious dessert tastes like a decadent treat, but is so simple and fresh you’ll want it every day of the week.
- other berries or cherries, if you’d like
- heavy whipping cream
- a sweetener, if desired (sugar or stevia)
If you have an electric mixer, this will be quick! If not, it will take a while to whip the cream, but it’ll be worth it.
- Pour the heavy cream into your mixer’s bowl. If you plan ahead, you can pre-chill the bowl. If not, it’ll be okay.
- Using the whisk attachment, whip the cream on medium-high speed.
- Meanwhile, wash and prepare your berries, slicing strawberries, or pitting the cherries if you’re using them.
- When the cream begins to thicken, add a small amount of sweetener if you wish to. I didn’t add any because the berries are sweet enough on their own. Continue whipping.
- Divide the berries among several bowls or ramekins.
- When the cream is ready (fluffy), turn the mixer off and spoon whipped cream over the berries.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (or sifted cocoa powder).