I asked my husband to describe this salad (I made one for each of us for lunch) and he said it was, “substantially bacony good.”
Ah, the eloquent words of man… but I can’t help but agree with him.
- baby romaine lettuce
- halved grape tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- sliced hard-boiled egg (I always have a bunch in my fridge ready to go)
- and 4 pieces of bacon, crumbled.
Drizzle with a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and mustard (whisk together in a small bowl first).
Serve with roasted asparagus. Here’s how to do that part:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and trim asparagus
- Toss with olive oil, or spray using a mister
- Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until it starts to wrinkle a little and it smells good.