I have another post somewhere about how to steam broccoli in the microwave, but broccoli is also delicious roasted! It only takes a few more minutes than microwaving and the depth of flavor is amazing. If you’re a broccoli fan but haven’t roasted it before, now’s the time to give it a try.
How to Roast Broccoli in the Oven:
- Preheat oven. I used 400 degrees Fahrenheit, but this isn’t a science. If you want to go for 375 that’d be fine too.
- While the oven is preheating, wash and cut your broccoli. Or cut and wash.
- Put the florets in a bowl and toss with some extra virgin olive oil. How much is up to you. I made 2 “heads” of broccoli and probably used about 3 Tablespoons of EVOO.
- Spread broccoli on a baking sheet in a single layer, and sprinkle with salt. Any kind will do – table salt, sea salt, kosher salt, seasoned salt…
- Pop it in the oven for around 20 minutes. Also not an exact thing. My rule with veggies holds. When you can smell them and they smell amazing, they’re probably done. For me last night that was 20 minutes into the roasting.
I love those browned parts… there is so much flavor in these suckers!