Lemon is one thing that actually helps my feelings of nausea when pregnant, so I’ve been eating a lot of it lately. These potatoes are mild enough to not bother my stomach, but flavorful – very lemony! Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside makes them perfect for any day, even if you’re not pregnant (ha).
- red potatoes, quartered
- lemon juice – about one lemon per 6-8 small potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a pot of water to boil while you wash and cut the potatoes.
- Throw the quartered potatoes in for about 7-10 minutes. Drain.
- Put the potatoes back into the pot on low heat, and squeeze the lemon juice over them (I did this through the sieve to catch the seeds). Stir them around in the juice and let the juice mostly steam/evaporate away.
- Pour in a bit of olive oil or other cooking fat (I really would’ve preferred to use bacon grease, but I don’t have any right now since I haven’t been feeling the bacon thing lately) and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Pour the lemoned-oiled potatoes into a glass baking dish (or whatever) and sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Bake as long as you’d like, until the outsides are as crispy as you want them. I generally do at least half an hour. I think today was closer to 45 minutes. I like crispiness.
- Eat. Yum.