Paleo Zucchini Boats / Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (I used expeller-pressed so it wouldn’t taste coconutty)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 oz of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 7 oz of organic tomato paste
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 pound of your favorite sausage
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set a large pot of water to boil.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove the veggies to a large bowl, and brown the sausage in the skillet.
- When the water boils, boil the zucchinis for 4-5 minutes, then plunge into ice water.
- Add the cooked sausage, tomato paste, and eggs to the large bowl with the veggies. Mix well.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise and scoop out the middles with a grapefruit spoon.
- Chop the removed zucchini flesh and add it to the veggies and sausage. Combine.
- Fill the zucchini halves with the veggie/meat mixture.
- If you’re going to freeze them, now is the time. Freeze on a cookie sheet before vacuum-sealing them.
- If you want to enjoy them now, pop them into the oven for half an hour.