We have several grain-free pancake recipes we turn to when we want a “bready” (but still high-protein) breakfast. These Paleo Banana Nut Waffles can also be made as excellent pancakes. These coconut flour pancakes are also quite tasty, and I have a few variations on them I like to make too.
But the last couple of weeks, we’ve been making these Grain-Free Cheesecake pancakes. The cream cheese in the batter makes them have a slightly tangy-rich flavor which is a nice departure from the usual. And slightly sweetened with real maple syrup, these don’t need anything else on top… BUT, if you want to get fancy, berries and hand-whipped cream (no sugar added – just the cream) are perfection.
- 8 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- butter, coconut oil, or bacon grease for pan
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl using an immersion blender. Batter will be quite thin.
- Warm butter, oil, or grease in a pan over medium-high heat, and once it’s hot, ladle pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook about a minute longer.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until all batter is used. Makes 12-14 pancakes.