This is kind of an ambitious/busy list, but it sounds like fun to me. I just hope there are enough hours! One of my friends is having a play date at her house so we can enjoy the weather which is finally cooling down. So we will walk over there in the morning and hang out for a while. Hopefully it’ll wear out the kids and they will nap well afterward so I can work on some things…
Tomorrow, a flooring contractor is coming to my house to replace my kitchen and dining floor. I am super excited! It was in BAD shape already when we moved into this house (they really should have replaced it after the last tenants). I’m talking rusty-looking stains, gouges, drag marks from moving appliances, seams coming up, divots, and scrapes. Plus it is just as ugly as sin.
So for probably a month or so I’ve been talking back and forth with the housing office, maintenance people, and finally the contractor, to get everything approved to replace (versus just patching which might look even worse). And it’s finally here! It should only take a few hours for everything, and then I’ll have a (hopefully prettier, but I’m not sure what pattern they’re using now) non-gouged floor!
- Take trash to the curb.
- Empty dishwasher.
- Kids’ breakfasts.
- Wash dishes from breakfast.
- Make a smoothie for me for the walk to my friend’s house. Pack snacks for A. Prepare Lact-Aid supplementer for J.
- Playdate with awesomeful friends.
Back home (hopefully while kids nap):
- Fold remaining laundry.
- Put all laundry away.
- Move all dishes, cookbooks, etc from dining room shelves.
- Move dining room furniture into living room.
- Clean kitchen/dining room baseboards while everything is out.
- Plan meals and make grocery list. (Be sure to include stuff for a Freezer Friday and a MmmMonday)
- Make pancakes or waffles for dinner tonight, sausage, and cooked cinnamon apples.
With kids, after nap:
- Paint pumpkins in the empty dining room.
- Do bath and PJs early.
- Have dinner in the living room and watch a movie.
- Story time, potty, brush teeth, nurse, bed.
After kids are in bed:
- Most likely finish moving the dining furniture (if I didn’t get it done earlier).
- Clean up the kitchen from dinner stuff.
- Write a few blog posts.
- See about ordering some little toys for Halloween hand-outs… check shipping, etc.
- Update budget/envelopes app and auto-transfers (trying a new system) to get ready for November.
- Go through part of the house (office?) to find things for Give500.