Join me, a stay-at-home mom and Navy wife, as I chronicle my trials and errors into the domestic domain. I invite you to follow my endeavors in grain-free cooking, natural mothering, home decor, crafts, and more.
In July of 2007, surrounded by friends and family, I became a brand new wife. After our brief honeymoon, we loaded everything we owned into a truck and carted it to a new home in a new state.
Another month and a half later, we packed up to move again. Any military spouse will understand the complications of living with a guy in uniform. My husband’s Navy career might move us often, but I have quickly become an expert at setting up a household.
Fast forward to 2015… Now we have a sweet preschool girl, a precious toddler boy, one more on the way, and our little family is making our way together as a team.
May our abodes always be joyful!
Our abodes so far:
- Pensacola, FL
- Milton, FL
- Meridian, MS
- Hanford, CA
- Lemoore, CA
- California, MD
- Ridgecrest, CA
My Top Posts:
If you are new to my site, you might want to start with my most popular posts. Here are my top posts in a few categories:
- Grain Free Granola Bars
- Paleo Skittles – Taste the (Real Food) Rainbow
- Low Carb Snacks – Homemade Baked Cheese Crisps Recipe
- Homemade York Peppermint Patty Recipe
- BELT Salad (BLT with Egg) with Roasted Asparagus
- A-Freaking-Mazing Artichoke Dip
- The Best Roast Beef
Recipes (From before we went grain-free):
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe
- Homemade Granola Bar Recipe
- Corn on the Cob – Too Easy for a Recipe!
- How to Make Fluffy Pancakes – (and Chocolate Chip Pancakes)
- Homemade Baked Egg Rolls
- The Newest Member of Our Family – Zora
- Back with a Surprise! – I’m Pregnant!
- 41 Weeks – Welcome to Prodromal Labor
- Welcome, Anneliese Claire
- Anneliese’s Birth Story
- One Month: The Good Stuff and the Hard Stuff
- Francis Joseph’s Birth Day – My Healing Homebirth
- Baby Monitor for iPhone – Best, Easiest, Cheapest, and How to Do it
- How to Make a Woven Wrap Hammock
- Woven Wrap Swing – Winning Mom of the Year
- 25 Handmade Gifts for Toddlers (or Preschoolers)
- How to do Indian Shisha/Mirror Embroidery
- Solving the Jewelry Storage Problem
- How to Make a Bunting
- How to Re-Cover an Ugly Office Chair
- Milton, FL – Craft Room / Office
- Meridian, MS – Living Room Makeover
- Hanford, CA – Baby Room Tour
- Hanford, CA – Welcome to My Living Room
If You Liked Those, You’ll Love What I’ve Got Next!
Be sure not to miss my newest posts! Click here to subscribe via RSS. Or, enter your email address to get my newsletter in your inbox.
My Contact Information:
You can get in touch with me by email by using my contact form. I’m also on twitter @JoyfulAbode. And if you’re on facebook, be sure to “like” me there too so you can hang out with other Joyful Abode fans!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Some links to commerce sites are affiliate links.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, she always gives herhonest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blogger’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org