I wanted to make a soup with a beef stock / tomato juice base, and also had leftover chicken from making Vampire Chicken earlier this week. So this happened. And it was good.
Chicken Beef-ish Veggie Soup
- lots of butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 3-4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 cup green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 cups leftover chicken, chopped roughly
- 3 cups homemade beef stock
- 3 cups tomato juice
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- In a soup pot, melt your butter.
- Throw in the onions and let saute till translucent.
- Dump in the carrots, cover, and cook about 5 minutes or until carrots are starting to get soft.
- Uncover, and toss in the rest of the veggies. Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the stock, tomato juice, and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, then add chicken. Heat till the chicken is warm.