Have you ever cracked an egg and found two yolks inside? Did you wonder what it meant, or if there was some special meaning? A lot of people interpret double yolks as an omen. A few things it is said to signify are:
- Pregnancy, especially with twins (for you or a loved one)
- Someone is going to get married soon (double yolks in one shell = union of two people in marriage)
- Plenty, good fortune – Wiccan
- You'll get double your expectations (good things)
- A death will happen in the family soon – Norse mythology
But I just take it as a general “fertility” omen. With a grain of salt, as with all omens.
So when I got this double yolk at the beginning of the month, my first thought was that my friend who has been trying to get pregnant will be pregnant soon (or was already).
But it wasn't that. Or not JUST that anyway.
My period started that day. The first one since before I was pregnant with Anneliese (in 2009!)…if you don't count the two days of spotting I had in between Anneliese and Joseph.
And a few days later, one of my girl friends got her first postpartum period, after 2.5 years. And then another friend (the one who is trying for baby 2) got hers back too.
So fertility. Lots of fertility.
I really need to make that IUD appointment…
So tell me, have you had a double-yolk omen that was true?