A couple days ago, I re-pinned these awesome cinnamon bun muffins from Elana’s Pantry. They just looked TOO good …
And then today, I was going to make some brownies but couldn’t decide on what recipe to do, remembered these, and decided to give them a go.
I wasn’t going to post the recipe… just link to Elana’s… but I was telling someone the “couple changes” I made, and I realized it was WAY more than a couple. So I figured since they were GREAT I’d record it here the way I did it, for myself so I can do it again the same way in the future. They were so good.
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Cinnamon Bun Muffins
Ingredients for muffins:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 room temperature eggs (If they are cold, they’ll solidify the coconut oil and make it hard to mix together)
- 2 Tbsp plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
Ingredients for topping:
- 2 Tbsp xylitol
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
Ingredients for frosting:
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Truvia (I ran out of xylitol, but I probably would’ve used that if I hadn’t.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, honey, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into muffin papers. I used my cookie scoop for this and it was almost the perfect amount for 9 muffins. I just had a bit of batter left and divided it among them at the end.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle a bit over each muffin.
- Bake 14 minutes, and let cool.
- While the muffins are baking, mix the frosting ingredients together well.
- When the muffins are cool, spread the frosting on them and enjoy!
Mmmmm… these were really good with coffee.
Anneliese got one after dinner. Dessert is a rare treat in our house so she really savored it.
She even licked the wrapper. She was a bit sad when she asked for more and I told her it was all gone, but she’ll get a nice surprise in the morning. There’s another one left for each of us to have at breakfast.