Warning: These are addictive. They’re easy to make, delicious, and good for you. And you won’t have to pay $4 for a 1.5 ounce baggie.
It’s hard to say if they’re crispy or chew. It’s kind of both. You can snap them in half, but when you eat them they’re a little chewy, not like eating potato chips.
All you have to do is…
1) Core your apples.
2) Peel them.
3) Cut them up however you’d like.
4) As you cut, throw the slices into a bowl full of water, with a bit of lemon juice mixed in.
5) When you finish cutting apples, arrange the slices on dehydrator trays.
6) Sprinkle some with cinnamon if you want. Not cinnamon sugar. The apples are plenty sweet on their own.
7) Pop them in the dehydrator at 135 and go to sleep (or go run errands, or whatever).
8) About 8 hours later, open the dehydrator and…
9) Voila! Delicious apple chips! They will seem chewy when you take them out, but as they cool they crisp up.
10) Put some in a baggie in your purse. You never know when you’ll need a sweet healthy snack!