I’ve been enjoying smoothies lately, and wanted to make a streamlined easy-to-grab smoothie option for myself, instead of mixing 5 different things (obviously this one is only 3 things, but you know what I mean) when I decide I want one.
So this is my first ready-to-go smoothie. It made 8 baggies and I enjoyed the first one tonight. It was DELICIOUS, like a virgin pina colada. Even better, there’s no added sugar, and it’s paleo/primal/dairy-free.
Ready-to-go Tropical Smoothie Recipe (Makes 8 )
- 4 bananas
- 1 pineapple
- 2 14-oz cans of coconut milk
- 8 ziploc baggies or other freezer containers
- Cut bananas in half, then cut each banana into a few pieces (to make it easier to blend) without losing track of the halves.
- Put half a banana into each baggie.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple, then the sides. You don’t have to take out the core because you’re blending it up later. Cut the pineapple in half, then cut each half into fourths. Without losing track of the segments, cut each 8th of the pineapple into several pieces (I did 6-8).
- Put 1/8 of the pineapple into each baggie.
- Shake the coconut milk cans well. Open and add 1/2 cup of coconut milk to each baggie.
- Zip the bags tightly and freeze.
- When you want a smoothie, dump the baggie into a blend-friendly container (I used the cup my blender came with) along with a handful or two of ice cubes. Blend until smooth.