Want to know how I know it’s officially springtime in my house?
My freezer is full of POPSICLES!
Every year, when the weather warms up, I start making popsicles. The kids love to play outside while enjoying their (very messy) popsicles, and I love that I get to really easily get them lots of great fruits, greens, and coconut milk!
My usual popsicle “recipe” is just making a thick fat-filled smoothie, with a bit of extra sweetness from honey or sweet fruits.
Then, I freeze them in Dixie cups (little paper cups if you’re not in the South) with a sheet of aluminum foil over the top of the entire batch as a temporary lid. The foil helps hold the popsicle sticks I poke through into each cup, so they remain upright as the popsicles freeze.
But the foil thing isn’t really a huge deal… the kids enjoy the popsicles even if they’re “crooked.”
The ones in this video (our inaugural Spring 2015 ones) are:
- 1 BPA-free can of coconut milk
- 2 bananas
- 3 clementines
- 2 Tbsp homemade green powder (dehydrated and powdered greens like spinach, kale, and chard), or you can throw in a handful of fresh greens.
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed collagen protein powder
Blend together in a high-speed blender, and pour into cups, leaving room for the pink layer if you want to do it later. Cover the whole batch loosely with foil, and poke popsicle sticks through into each cup. Freeze.
And if you want to add the pink-red-purplish layer:
- Frozen cherries
- A splash of almond milk
Once the green layer is frozen, blend these in your high-speed blender and pour a bit of this mixture into each cup, freeze again. (The foil isn’t necessary any longer.)
To easily get the popsicles out of the paper cups, just dip into hot water for a few seconds. They’ll slide right out!
Thanks so much to Aquafresh® toothpaste for sponsoring this post full of springtime goodness. 🙂
Aquafresh® toothpaste helps protect your teeth from sugar acids and cavities when you brush twice daily, so that you can enjoy everyday foods and springtime sweet treats! Check out the Aquafresh® toothpaste website to learn more about their different varieties.
Guess what! I’m not just sharing my popsicle recipe with you. I’m also giving one lucky winner a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
What’s your favorite way to take care of your teeth on the go this spring?
Tell me in the comments to enter for a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/3/2015 – 7/3/2015