On Father’s Day, my husband asked for “something sweet.” And after I looked through lots of recipe books, and asked him “What about this? What about that?” He finally told me, “One of those mug cakes you do in the microwave would work just fine. I didn’t mean anything complicated.” So I made us mug cakes.
The next night, he asked for another mug cake. Of course, I wanted one too. But instead of mixing up two separate ones, I decided to see if I could make a quick microwave cake that was several servings. It’s quicker than preheating the oven, and waiting however many minutes for the cake to bake, and it worked great. We ate it with homemade raspberry sauce leftover from Saturday’s waffle breakfast.
Grain-Free Gluten-Free Microwave Chocolate Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar, powdered sugar, brown sugar, or xylitol
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp water
- Mix all of the ingredients well, until batter is smooth. I mixed right in the pie dish.
- Microwave about 4-6 minutes or until risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Frost or serve with freshly whipped cream, fresh fruit, or warm fruit sauce.