My kids are growing.
So fast. I can’t even tell you…
One day their clothes fit, and the next day they’re squeezing into them like sausages.
Or, the new big clothes I just bought? They look gigantic… but in a couple of months they’ll fit perfectly, and then? Sausages.
So yeah, they eat too. A ton. Gotta fuel all that growing. And all the crazy running around, too.
Snacks are gonna happen. Even if they eat well at mealtimes, they’re going to get hungry in between. It’s just an inevitable part of this whole kid growth-spurt phase thing.
I make it easy on myself by planning ahead for easy-to-grab snacks.
Don’t get me wrong – I love whipping up a fun and delicious mom-made snack for the big kids, but sometimes I’m buried under a nursing newborn and it’s just not happening.
So we have a healthy snack station, full of easy to grab stuff. It varies each week, but here it is today:
Some things we include?
Kids’ Healthy Snack Station Ideas:
- small apples
- individual servings of cheese (different kinds) – “sticks” and also wax-wrapped circles
- yogurt pouches – Chobani has great kids’ ones and tots pouches, with real fruits (and veggies in the tots ones!), no artificial colors, and more protein than other kids’ yogurt pouches.
- yogurt tubes – same deal here. Chobani has the best ones I’ve ever seen!
- little bags of nuts, seeds, or trail mix
- individual boxes of raisins or dried cranberries
- single-servings of homemade gelatin
- hard boiled eggs
- small bags of stovetop-popped popcorn
- little baggies of baby carrots, celery, grapes, or other fruits and veggies.
And want to know what’s even better than my bigger kids being able to pick out a healthy snack on their own?
Having a kids’ healthy snack station makes packing a lunch super-simple if I’m running behind.
I usually pack the night before, but sometimes it gets away from me…
So this morning as I packed their lunches in the 5 minutes before we left for school, the kids got a Chobani yogurt pouch, some deli meat, shredded cheese, and some sugar snap peas. SO easy on a busy school morning!
Be sure to check the Chobani Kids Savings page before you buy your yogurt pouches!
And if we need to run errands or go somewhere right after school, without stopping home first? I can grab something from the healthy snack station before I pick up the kids, and they can have it in the car.
Having a Kids’ Healthy Snack Station really makes things simpler in a lot of ways while my kids are GROWING LIKE WEEDS. Adorable, smiling weeds. Who give great hugs.